Director of Special Education
- Housatonic, MA
Berkshire Meadows is a private licensed residential school which provides special education services to children up to the age of 22, with severe and profound cognitive disabilities many of whom have medical needs. Our multidisciplinary team collaborates with families, school districts and allied health professionals to provide all students with a special education tailored to their particular needs.
Role Overview/Key Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Program Director to create innovative programs, plan, implement and manage current and new programs.
- Facilitate OT, PT, Speech and BCBA recommendations
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of special education laws and procedures.
- Develops and implements Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Maintains student compliance files in accordance with federal, state and local procedures.
- Develops instructional goals that adequately reflect identified individual student needs as determined by evaluation or assessment.
- Uses assessment results to plan for individual and group instruction.
- Supervises professional and licensed teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Regularly communicates with students, parents and school districts about student progress.
- Massachusetts certification as Special Education Administrator or Massachusetts Teacher – Severe Disabilities certification and intent to enroll/enrollment in administrator education program.
- Meet programs requirements for background checks
- Acceptable Driving Record check and a valid driver’s license
- To positively make a difference in the lives of others
- Work hard, play hard - generous Paid Time Off (plus 11 paid holidays) – starting within the first year (over 150 hrs)
- Low cost health insurance (BCBS). Over 76% covered health or an additional $1/hr for alternative option participation.
- 100% dental insurance (including family plan) – no cost to you
- Vision plan
- 401k or Roth IRA (match up to $800 per calendar year)
- Company sponsored pension plan – you might not care now but you will when it matters
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $3,600 per year
- Life insurance, STD/LTD, Supplemental Life/AD&D
- And much, much more . . . Join us to find out!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply